Saturday, October 31, 2009

I am seriously f'd up right now. Had one glass. This won't be a coherent post. Took me three tries to login. Seriously.

Not bad tasting. Not smooth, that's for damned sure.

Evidently it needs to breathe. A lot.

The husband unit is having a second glass. I'm not that brave.

What can I say about this one? I would have bought it if I'd seen it in the store. It's a dark red zinfandel. Didn't know they came in anything but the lighter colors like blush and white. Had my glass with the pork roast. Not the best match for this wine. You will most definitely want to eat something with this. And not some insipid cracker / cheese combo. Real food. Red Meat. Hearty fare.

Now I really want mashed potatoes and gravy.

There isn't a website but a google search will show reviews that cover the spectrum. One review described this as watery and flat. That was for 2004, I think. Well, 2007 isn't watery and flat. It's strong and peppery and will knock you on your ass if you don't let it breathe properly. We've never decanted a wine properly. This Zin is a prime candidate for that test. Wowsers. You would not believe how many times I've had to correct my typing so far.

I guess I'll give it a 2.5 out of 5.

The bottle are is pretty cool in a Halloween vibe. The taste isn't bad. Not great. I'm drunk off of one glass. Even my notoriously low tolerance to alcohol shouldn't leave me this bad off. It is a pretty purple/red color. Each year appears to vary wildly and there isn't a website. To be honest, I should have known Zombies would find a way to eat my brains, even if they had to do it one brain cell at a time.