Monday, September 14, 2009

Driving the Red Truck

Red Truck, Pinot Noir, 2007, Sonoma California.

First impression: Nice, smooth. Lighter on the alcohol content.

Unlike my husband I didn't have hotdogs for dinner. I had some slices of fried Asiago and Sun-Dried Tomato bread. Should have made some more to have with this wine.

Unsurprisingly, I liked it. Although it doesn't seem to have a large alcohol content my constant typos are telling me otherwise. Let's just say I'll heed the warning about not driving any motor vehicles.

I can't think of much to say that is witty about this wine. It's a good solid table wine. Totally worth opening when having dinner with friends. Assuming your friends aren't snooty wine snobs. Remember my earlier post about the Fish Eye Merlot and how it would be the second bottle to be opened? Well, Red Truck would be the first bottle opened in that scenario.

What else can I say? I didn't taste or smell any maple. The cherry/berry thing I'll agree with.

Rating? On taste a solid 3 out of 5. Price, 4 out of 5. Bottle prettiness, 3 out of 5.

I'll eventually try all of the (Insert Color Here) Truck wines. What the hell.

Like every other producer of anything they have a website. redtruckwine.com