Monday, September 14, 2009

Red Truck. Pinot Noir 2007.

Well, for the hell of it, and because it was cheap, CHEEEEEEEEEEAAAPPPP... We decided to try out Red Truck. It was $6.99 a bottle, and for that price I expected a lot less.

This wine is made from grapes, Berries, and Cherries. I am pretty sure that there's crayons in it. It did not have the smooth flavor that I enjoy from other pinot noirs, and oddly enough it seemed a little bright colored compared to other Pinots. This seemed nearly a Rose' as opposed to a Pinot. Then again, what the hell do I know, I don't know anything about vineyards, grapes, or people putting stuff in trucks to be crushed, processed and turned into wine.

I am just a casual wine drinker.

For the first time, in a while I was mildly surprised as the warm that I got from this, didn't hit the chest, it hit a lot lower. Meaning, this is not the wine to have with Hotdogs. I had hotdogs for dinner, and for an apertif I decided to have some Red Truck.

Probably not exactly the wisest choice, but then we've all made mistakes playing culinary Russian Roulette.

It had a decent enough flavor. On the label they mentioned what's in it, Berries and Cherries, but there was this hint of Maple which I could not ignore. After having one glass of it, I decided that it wasn't quite as bad as I thought, but then again I'd eaten Hotdogs for dinner so how delicate or discerning could my palate have been?

Being a purist, I eat my hotdogs plain, on a plain bun. No cheese, no condiments, just hotdog and bun, because for the most part they are bland and safe.

I swished the the wine around, and noticed that when I breathed out through my nose, it smelled faintly like Maple again. A peculiar, but nice aftertaste from a wine that was a decent bargain for the price.

Would I drink this daily? Are you out of your mind? No. Here's why.

The stuff isn't too bad, but the sulfites in it immediately went to my ears, and of course gave me the warm, and sweaty feeling that I get after having watched a Wendy's Hamburger commercial. I was once poisoned by Wendy's food, and Like post traumatic stress disorder, there are some things you never get over. I can tell how many sulfites are in a wine by how much warmer I suddenly become. If Hives are present, then it's pretty high sulfite content. Right now I'm at fever stage.

Once I reach out of control, throwing feces like a gorilla stage, I'll likely be too busy to finish this review.

On my scale of one to five, I give this a solid 3 on taste. Better than average, but... then I might revise the score at a later date if I happen to drink something that's more acidic, and or distasteful.

For the label, I give it a 2. Neat label, but I'm pretty sure I've seen the art somewhere before.

For the price, I give it a solid 5. Cheap, and pretty good buzz for the money. If you want to relax, and want to relax faster than if you were on prescription pain meds, this is your ticket. Seriously, I went from being mildly tense, to being pretty damned laid back. Laid back, and sweaty. I smell like hotdogs, and booze. Either my kidneys and pancreas are failing, or quite frankly I need to change my diet. Oscar Mayer makes a pretty good beef hotdog, but I have to tell you the minute you start sweating, real dogs come out of nowhere to lick you and be your new BFF.

Seriously though, this was not a bad wine. It's just not something I would be serving to my A-list friends, or people I thought were going to be my A-list friends.